In order to start exercising the writing muscle a bit, I asked my Facebook friends for suggestions for top-5 lists. You know, prompts to get the brain going. The sixth one is from my friend Lionel, who suggested…
Top Five Realizations That I’m Getting Older:
- I have very good friends who have grandchildren and/or retiring.
- My physician mentioned that my next physical next year will involve a scoping camera and being in twilight sleep…AND when I mentioned this to my friends they all told me stories about theirs.
- I have former students from my student ministry who have children active in their own youth groups…some of whom I held hours after they were born.
- When I get excited about going to a concert of a band I love only to have acquaintances (younger than me) refer to it as “dad rock.”
- Progressive lenses. And the head-tilt that accompanies that reality to line up the paper or screen to fall within the correct focus.