In order to start exercising the writing muscle a bit, I asked my Facebook friends for suggestions for top-5 lists. You know, prompts to get the brain going. The second one is from my friend Kris, who suggested…
Top Five Things About The Empty Nest:
- Cooking dinner and cleaning up afterward is a whole lot easier and there are more leftovers, making the next day’s lunch an easier decision, too.
- The house and cars pretty much stay clean, for the most part.
- No more mobile phone, car insurance, extra cable boxes, health insurance, school fees or tuition payments, etc.
- Getting to enjoy your children instead of the constant ghost of responsibility sitting over your shoulder, and watching them become really interesting people. The hard work then tends to reap some pretty cool benefits now.
- Watching my wife become “Tracy” again instead of “Kelsey and Shelby’s Mom” is so very cool. We got married young & had kids pretty quickly, so getting to know her all over again is even more fun than it was 28 years ago.