Last week noted Dallas native and wish-you-had-her-talent Erykah Badu felt like the world “needed to feel better” and made a mixtape for all of us. In her words, “THE WORLD IS IN NEED OF HEALING…. I CAREFULLY AND LOVINGLY SELECTED HIGH FREQUENCY TONES FOR THE SOUL…. PLEASE LISTEN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.”
So, I decided, with the weather here in Dallas absolutely wearing the locals out (highs between 103-107 all week and never getting lower than 80), that I’d make my own little mixtape that it is truly impossible to listen to and be in a bad mood.
Here it is…and feel free to make your own (remember how cool it was in college to make mixtapes for your friends?). The only caveat is that you get 12 songs and 12 songs only.
1) Love Shack, by the B-52’s
2) Shiny Happy People, by R.E.M.
3) Pump It Up, by Elvis Costello and the Attractions
4) Shake It Up, by the Cars
5) Everybody Have Fun Tonight, by Wang Chung
6) Once In A Lifetime, by The Talking Heads
7) De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, by The Police
8) Add It Up, by The Violent Femmes
9) Sufragette City, by David Bowie
10) Every Day Is A Winding Road, by Sheryl Crow
11) Mmm Bop, by Hansen
12) Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, by The Beatles
You’re welcome, world. Please listen from top to bottom.